“What is not covered by clothing, must be immaculate,” my beautiful Brazilian friend would say. Hair coming out of winter beauty hibernation from under hats may use some revitalizing. Use these 7 steps to get beautiful and healthy looking hair.
1. Beautiful hair begins on the inside. Strive to eat densely nutritious foods. Include avocados, almonds, pistachios, spinach, salmon, oatmeal, flax seeds, olive oil and berries as a part of your regular diet.
2. Exercise. Any physical activity increases blood flow throughout the body. As blood circulation increases so does the delivery of nutrients to the scalp. Massaging olive oil infused with a few drops of lavender or eucalyptus aroma oils works great as well to increase the blood flow to the hair folicules. It also conditions dry post-winter hair.
4. Wash your hair every other day (or every 3rd day). Less washing allows natural oils from the scalp to condition your hair. Also, don’t use the same shampoo every time. Have 3 or 4 different kinds on hand and rotate them. My favorite is Neutrogena Clean Volume Shampoo, which helps to make your hair super clean by removing any build up from products.
5. Use natural conditioners. Rinse your hair with warm chamomile tea for subtle blond highlights. For extra shine and detangling, add a tablespoon of white vinegar to 1 cup of water and rinse your hair with the solution. Keep your eyes shut while doing white vinegar water rinse to prevent eye stinging.
6. Retire your blow dryer and simply air dry your hair. Dry, warm heat dehydrates your hair leading to breakage, split ends and an overall lifeless look.
7. Use Argan Oil. Towel dry your hair and apply Argan Oil with your fingers to the hair strands. Allow to dry naturally. Never brush nor comb your hair while it is wet. Wet hair is more stretchable and brushing can damage it.
Enjoy your beautiful and healthy hair–it is the best accessory you have!