9 Tips For Weight Loss
Here are few tips that I give out to my patients that want to lose weight.
1. Don’t eat past 7 pm (so that your body can rest fully instead of working to digest food).
2. Sleep 8-10 hrs each night (enough rest reduces stress & you burn about 1000 calories while you sleep).
3. Eat breakfast is the most important meal of the day (starts your metabolism).
4. Healthy protein such as egg whites, salmon or Canadian bacon and multigrain toast is better choice than just pure carbohydrate-rich bagel or cereal (even if multigrain).
5. Drink green tea it gives you caffeine boost(but less acidic than coffee),full of antioxidants & it helps to curb appetite.
6. Choose small and high protein snack such as egg whites (add spices to enhance flavor) if hungry at night. Relaxing bath and chamomile tea may also help to take your mind of snacking late.
7. Walk at least 30 minutes a day on most days if you never exercised before.
8. One of the most important and the easiest thing to do to aid weight loss is to drink 1,5-2 liters of water daily.
9. Take CLA or conjugated linoleic acid supplement. It helps with sense of satiety as well as it increases metabolic rate and therefore help to burn fat. CLA has no anxiety producing side effects of many stimulants that are used in weight loss.
Loosing even modest amount of body fat has a tremendous positive effect on overall health and longevity.