Alternatives to Botox 2015 is an addition of few more tips to the Botox alternatives that I published in 2014. Botox is like a fountain of youth. And it works so quickly! It helps to erase signs of age by relaxing wrinkles on your forehead, between your eyebrows, around your eyes and your lips. It also can lift eyebrows and the corners of the mouth giving a person more youthful look. However, there are side effects. Besides the cost, swelling, bruising, if Botox is used too often (more than once in 4-6 months) there is also weakening of the facial muscles which overtime can lead to sagging skin. While it is safe to do Botox injections once in a while (in my opinion, twice a year at most), there are few things besides Botox that one can do to keep him or her look the best.
1. Laser Treatments. My favorite laser treatment is Laser Genesis. It helps to shrink large pores and reduce fine wrinkles. It is suitable for all skin types and is minimally invasive. There is might be a slight redness after the procedure but virtually it has no recovery time and effects of smoother, more plump skin are visible immediately. Cost can vary and it can take at least 3 to 4 treatments couple weeks apart for optimal results.
2. Exfoliation. It removes dead skin cells and assists with penetration and effect of other skin care products. Remember to use potent skin products (such as ZO Skin Health by Zein Obagi) to stimulate repair and recovery. At ZO you can even do your own personalized skin age test plus full recommendation of your skin care.
3. Massages and facials. Not only these procedures are relaxing and therefore decreasing your stress hormones which lead to premature aging, they increase circulation and promote lymphatic drainage which helps with detoxification. Accumulated toxins in the body take a toll that shows–wrinkles, dark circles and loss of elasticity of the skin.
4. Krill Oil or Fish Oil Supplements. These are top supplements for skin, hair and nails.
5. Vegetables-heavy diet. Animal products take a tool both on the planet and your the body. Red meat, especially, has been linked with inflammation which leads to premature aging. Celebrities that look and feel the best are the ones that have given up meat products. Think Christie Brinkley (age 61), Brad Pitt (age 51), Demi Moore (age 52) and Ben Stillar (age 49).
6. Facial toning exercises are great alternative to Botox. By keeping your facial muscles in shape you can promote tight skin and youthful appearance. Here is a link to some facial toning exercises.
7. Nuface mini. The best thing about nuface mini is that it is minimally invasive, portable and you can use it daily to prevent and correct facial sagging. It is a great alternative to in-office laser treatments. Good results can be seen with consistent use within 3-4 weeks.
All of these tips are focused on prevention of wrinkles so that one would not need Botox in the first place. Another important point for making alternative treatments of Botox work effective is consistency.