We (my husband and I) visited Asheville, North Carolina last year for St. Patrick’s Day weekend, stayed for 48 hours and it feels as if we lived a mini-life. Asheville, NC is definitely worth visiting for a weekend. It is a small town filled with breweries, good restaurants, art galleries and yoga studios. Here is the itinerary of what we did :
1. Checked into a loft downtown (to experience living like the locals compliments of Airbnb).
2. Continued with Beer & Yoga class at Bend and Brew.
3. Celebrated St Patrick’s with street performers.
4. Had dinner at Rhubarb, ordered a bottle of wine and small plates.
5. Danced the night away at the LAB dance club.
4. Got breakfast at Over Easy Cafe.
5. Beer toured Burial Beer Co. (for him).
6. Stopped for a Spa treatment at Spa Theology for hydro facial (for her).
7. Walked through several of the art galleries.
8. Had an early dinner at Curàte.
9. Continued with cheese plates & more wine at The Blackbird Restaurant.
10. Stopped and had fun requesting exotic songs to be played at Off the Wagon Dueling Piano Bar .
11. We did 13,000 steps today around this small town…feeling wiped out.
12. Had cappuccinos & breakfast at High Five Coffee Bar (they have amazing coffee here!).
13. Stopped at some more art galleries and did some window shopping.
14. Got chocolates for the road from French Broad Chocolate Lounge.
All of these experiences were fun and we recommend you trying them out too as you enjoy your visit to Asheville, NC!