There is so much focus in the USA on happiness and being happy. What is happiness and being happy? It oftentimes an elusive concept and may mean different things to different people. In this post, I want to share my idea of “happy” and the good news is that it is rather a concrete one.
1. Exercise Daily.
2. Don’t gossip.
3. Love what you do. If you don’t know what you love try many different things and you may eventually find what you love.
4. Expand your horizons. Read. Travel. Journal. Dream big.
5. Eat a healthy diet. Plan your meals (even mentally) for the day.
6. Spend time with those you love and who love you.
7. Take time to unwind. Sleep. Meditate. Spend time in nature.
To me, happiness is doing these things day in and day out. My 7 principles may not instantly help you being transported into the land of happiness but when you keep your body, mind and soul engaged routinely, there is no other outcome but a sense of peace, contentment and happiness.